So going the Paleo lifestyle that would mean I would have to give up grains and to my dismay that means chocolate chip cookies…
But can I give up chocolate chip cookies? This is one of my favorite foods! This is my kryptonite! I love a good fashioned chocolate chip cookie!
Fortunately, other Paleo foodies have figured out a good alternative and this is my attempt to do it. I needed a break from my Project Ripped Ninja and treat myself!
Gather these items:
3 cups Blanched Almond Flour
1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, unrefined
1/2 cup Pure, Organic Agave Sweetener
2 Omega 3 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups natural Dark Chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl combine dry ingredients.
3) In another bowl, beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
4) Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and beat with hand mixer until combined.
5) Melt coconut oil, pour into batter and continue to blend until combined.
6) Stir in chocolate chips.
7) On a cookie tray (or parchment lined baking sheet) drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
8 ) Bake for 13-15 minutes or until done.
9) Let it cool and enjoy!
I will have to say my first batch at making it. It didn’t look too good.
I also realized I added too much salt and it tasted nasty! I think I would take out the salt or add very little for this recipe for the next batch I make.
For the good batch that I made above, I just diluted/off-set the salt by adding more almond flour, agave syrup and chocolate chips. After I was done. It tasted fine!
Shout out and thanks to Eggi Family for buying all the ingredients and letting me use your kitchen! There are more treats to be baked and new recipes to try!
PS Ninjas can bake!