Watch out there is an army rising.
It’s an army of people whose lives have been transformed for the better by doing the Paleo Diet. People noticed their health symptoms going away or even being healed.
My personal experience was when I wanted to lean up. But not only did it improve my asthetic looks but I noticed improved energy, no sleepiness, and better performance in the weight room. My friends and coworkers who followed the diet noticed the same thing.
But that’s not the crazy part. There are a growing number of professional athletes and celebrities doing the paleo diet as well and noticing that it is helping their performance and looks.
Steve Nash and Grant Hill NBA Players for Phoenix Suns (They follow a ‘paleo’esque type diet)
Forrest Griffin UFC Fighter
John Welbourn Former NFL Player
Amanda Beard Olympic Medalist in Swimming
Ursula Grobler Professional Rower
Eva La Rue Actress for CSI:Miami
So will the paleo army swallow you up as well? I dare you to do a 30 day Paleo Challenge!
If you want to try paleo here are 7 basic principles.
- Eat whole, natural foods instead of the processed kinds.
- Eat vegetables, fruits, and nuts, and avoid refined grains and sugars. (If you are trying to lean up or lose weight limit nuts to 1 small handful and 1 serving of fruit that’s about the size of one apple.)
- Increase consumption of lean protein, such as skinless poultry, fish, game meats and lean cuts of red meat.
- Up your omega-3 fatty acids from fish, walnuts and other sources.
- Avoid trans-fats, and limit saturated fats by eliminating fried foods, hard margarine, commercial baked goods, and most packaged and processed snack foods. Here is list of good and bad fats to eat/cook with.
- Avoid high-fat dairy products and processed meats, such as bacon, sausage, and deli meats (Unless the bacon is uncured).
- Drink water as your main fluid.
If you want to know more about the paleo diet go here.